About This Course
C language is popular for engineering and commercial applications. It allows developers to maintain the structure and portability of a high-level language while having the detailed control, efficiency and speed of an assembly language. C is the leading language used in hardware application and in software compilers, libraries and interpreters. This course gets you started with application development using the C language.
The course begins with programming and tools overview. It introduces the functions, data types, input/output, strings, operators, precedence, and expressions. It also demonstrates the use of control statements, arrays, and pointers for problem solving. Students will receive assignments to write non-trivial programs and learn to create modular programs with efficiency and readability.
This course will benefit individuals who want to learn C programming language but have little or no programming background. The lectures stress the strengths of C providing students with the means of writing efficient, maintainable and portable code. Each instruction is supplemented with programming exercises.
- Compiling, linking, executing, debugging and running a C Program
- Functions, data types
- Input and Output, character strings
- Operators and precedence
- Control statement
- Advanced topics
Skills Needed: Technical aptitude and experience with a computer operating system or equivalent knowledge.
At the conclusion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Utilize C language to write non-trivial programs.
- Use variety of data types suitable to specific programming needs including your own data types.
- Use functions from C library and create and use your own functions.
- Use arrays and pointers as part of the software solution.
- Demonstrate the use of the various control flow features.
- Utilize modular features of the C language and demonstrate efficiency and readability.
Skills You'll Gain
Click on skills fo find related careers.