About This Course
Python language is gaining popularity because its use enhances program correctness and increases programmer efficiency. Because of its clear and elegant syntax, dynamic typing, automatic memory management, and straight-forward module architecture, Python is simple to learn and fun to use. Its code is easy to read, write, extend and modify.
This lab-based course offers proficiency in the core concepts of Python, and the skills and knowledge for building applications using any of the hundreds of task-specific Python libraries.
- The Python environment and code introspection
- Syntax: flow control, function protocols, exception handling and functional programming
- Built-in data types: strings, tuples, lists and dictionaries
- Object-oriented features: classes, inheritance and overriding
- Building applications, packages, and libraries
- Popular libraries: os, sys, regular expression, random, shelve, cgi, urllib, and more
- Pythonic thinking, iterators, generators, decorators, and context managers
CMPR.X415 - "Python Programming for Beginners"
At the conclusion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate the concept of Pythonic code: efficient, accurate, easy to read/write
- Describe the Python environment and code introspection
- Express Python Syntax: flow control, function protocols, except on handling and functional programming
- Use Built-in data types: strings, tuples, lists, dictionaries and sets
- Apply Object-oriented features: classes, inheritance and overriding
- Build applications, packages, and libraries
- Create iterators, generators, decorators, and context managers
Skills You'll Gain
Click on skills fo find related careers.